Join now - be part of our community!

AX700 - recording sound from a PA monitor via XLR-K2M or K3M!?

profile.country.DE.title
sadoveca
Explorer

AX700 - recording sound from a PA monitor via XLR-K2M or K3M!?

Hello everyone,

Since this is my 1st post here I would to salute every one of you and thank you for being such an amazing community.

I am a fresh starter with Camcorders (this is my 1st camera ever) and I do not have a rich Video/Audio vocabulary, however I understand technology quite well.

At the moment I want to shoot some videos that include some meditation part and I would like to get pristine or the best possible audio quality!

The setup:

- musical background played via the Bluetooth or any other input connection of the PA system

- DPA 4288 Binaural microphone connected to a Bose S1 PRO via a Sennheiser EW G4 (XLR connector)

- The Bose S1 Pro PA system (floor monitor in this case) has a Line-Out - 1/4" TRS Jack (balanced mono)

- Everything is recorded to the AX700

Limitations:

- money (cannot afford to buy another wireless transmitter)

- sound monitor (performer needs to be able to hear the sound)

Now the tricky part:

Q1. Should I go for the analog limitation of the XLR-K3M or the fully compatible XLR-K2M adapter kit?

If I chose the K2M, I need to use a TRS to XLR wire out of the PA.

On the other side, with the K3M, I need a to use it as an analog XLR adapter kit for the AX700.

Since the K3M is newer, has an extra input and supports both XLR and TRS inputs, I would gladly go for it but I do not really understand what the analog limitation would be in regards of sound quality?

Q2. What is the difference between analog and digital on the K3M in regards of sound quality?

Q3. Is there anyone who can share some insights on using a XLR-K3M set on analog? Is there a decrease in audio quality?

Any nice word or piece of advise is highly appreciated!

Thank you all,

Alin

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
sadoveca
Explorer

LE: is there any owner of the XLR-K3M and a compatible digital interface audio camera, that could be so kind to make a small test such as:

- recording an audio sample with the K3M set to Analog and then again with the digital setting?

thank you!