Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-CX450 and playmemories

profile.country.GB.title
bighammerfan1966

HDR-CX450 and playmemories

I cant seem to connect my camera to my phone. It just keeps disconnecting and wont send videos to the phone.  Any ideas ?

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi there,

does the app give you any pop-up message on why the camera disconnects?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
bighammerfan1966

No nothing but it happens with my ipad and iphone
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Did this issue arise recently, or has it been the case since you own the camcorder?

The only cause I can think of would be, that your iOS devices see, that the cameras hotspot does not offer internet-connection and immediately disconnect from the camera to get back to your home WiFi which offers internet connection.

profile.country.GB.title
bighammerfan1966

I have only just bought the camcorder so its happened from the start

profile.country.GB.title
bighammerfan1966

Hi. I have now managed to send files to my phone and iPad. The only problem is each time I do it i have to go through all the 'scan QR' stage and go to settings and select camera etc. Can it not be set up to connect automatically ? Also I have to install profile but it always says profile not signed . Where would I sign and would that help ?  It seems very long winded 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

The QR-Code should just need to be scanned once as initial handshake, after that the App should connect to the camera automatically.

I made the following video for the Sony Action Cams, yet the process should be similar for your camcorder:

bighammerfan1966 schrieb:

Also I have to install profile but it always says profile not signed . 

What do you mean by that?

Would you mind uploading a screenshot of your phones screen with the message the app gives you?

You can upload images directly to a reply on the forums here by clicking the "image" icon in the upper bar of the "compose message"-window.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
bighammerfan1966

IMG_4980.PNG

profile.country.GB.title
bighammerfan1966

Meant to say, as soon as I turn my wifi off on my phone and it disconnects from the camera, it disappears from my list of wifi devices and thats when I have to scan the QR code etc.

profile.country.GB.title
bighammerfan1966

I think I have sorted it. I will let you know later

Alan