Join now - be part of our community!

Missing Handycam Station: Dcr-sr50

profile.country.GB.title
Cameranovice
New

Missing Handycam Station: Dcr-sr50

Hi 

I am hoping someone will be able to help me, I have unearthed my old camcorder which I havent used in the last 12 years. It still works and I have all the parts except the handycam station, I am desperate to download the videos on my computer as it contains some of people that have since passed away but dont think this is possible without the docking station. Does anyone know where to source a replacement or what to search for that would be compatible? I've tried looking directly for one that matches this camera and there arent  any.

Thanks for reading, hope someone can help

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Cameranovice,

if the camera has an AV-output (via composite video+chinch) you could get yourself this Magix capture card+software to record the video output from the camera and digitize the videos that way.

You can easily test if the camera is fit for that by connecting the cables to a TV first to verify that you get audio+video.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Cameranovice
New

Hi Nic 

That's super helpful, it does have an A/V output as I managed to keep those cables but didnt keep the docking station. Would that mean using the above I could store them all onto my computer or a hard drive? 

Thank you 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Cameranovice,

yes, you let the video run in real time, just if you were watching them back on your TV with the difference that you are now recording them into the Magix software which is bundled with the capture card (a device with female composite video and chinch ports on one end and a USB-port on the other).

From there you can edit and even color correct the video (if needed) and then export it onto your harddrive as a MP4 or MPEG video file.

- Nic