Join now - be part of our community!

No power CCD-TRV61E

profile.country.US.title
GodfreyS
New

No power CCD-TRV61E

Hello. I own a Hi8 Camcorder CCD-TRV61E bought from UK in 1996. Have not been used for the last 10 years. Tried to operate it with the power adapter (assuming batteries were not good, although when charged they have a voltage of over 7.2V) but the camera did not switch on. No power whatsoever. Charger/power supply is ok giving 8.4V as supposed to. Changed the 3V lithium battery just in case but nothing. Can someone suggest what might be wrong? I still have some Hi8 recordings on cassettes which I wish to transfer to DVD or HardDisk so I wish to get it going. (Note, the battery was installed in the camera during the time not being used). Thank you.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi GodfreyS,

Could be a defective fuse on the power board of the camcorder.

However, this is just guessing. I would recommend to send the camcorder to service for inspection.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.US.title
GodfreyS
New

Thank you. Most probably is something like that. The problem is that because it is almost 25 years old, I do not know if they will still be able to service it. The cost probably would not be justifiable.

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi GoodfreyS,

Well, that's a fair point. Maybe a small electronics repair shop can have a look at it.

Cheers

Peter