Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia E storage issues

profile.country.GB.title
octuslimb
New

Xperia E storage issues

So I have an old Sony Xperia E C1505, and I've been running into issues with the way the storage is set up. It is divided into "Phone memorVidMate y" (739 MB) and "Internal storage (2.01 GB). Apps are installed onto the phone memory and the internal storage is for pictures/music or whatever. Apps can be transferred to the internal storage but it leaves some data on the pMobdro hone memory. It's like a built in SD card or something.

The issues I've been having is firstly that the phone memory is very small, in fact it is barely large enough to hold all the default apps (google play, gmail etc) when they are fully updated. By uninstalling everything I possibly can, including updates for the default apps, I've managed to free up 450 MB of space on the phone memory, but that's not enough to install what I want to.

The other issue is that apps are installed by default to this tiny phone memory and transferring it to the internal storage leaves some data on the phone memory. The app I'm trying to install is something like 750 MB and it seems like almost all of it is stuck in the phone memory.

Another thing is that when I transfer an app to the internal storage it doesn't tell me how much data is actually on the internal storage, it lists the same amount for phone memory and internal storage. I think the phone memory is the one that is accurate, at least the internal storage certainly isn't.

The app I'm trying to install is Love Live School Idol Festival (EN version).

What I want to know is if there is any way to either merge the phone memory and internal storage (this is just a partition right?), or force apps to install entirely to the internal storage. My problem isn't that I don't have enough space (although I don't have much), it's that the phone refuses to use the space it has.

Who's idea was it to release a phone that barely even has enough space to update it's own mandatory pre-installed apps, let alone install new ones?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Even a 750 MB App is certainly not ideal for a low-end device and suitable for a period when Apps weighed less.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @octuslimb,

Basically, that will be the main issue with the phone since it's released since 2013 and its internal memory storage is 4GB. Due to the continuous preinstalled apps updates, the device will be full at some point just because of these updates even after transferring all the data that can be moved the device will still be full. Unfortunately, this is how smartphones work, specially the devices with small internal capacity.