Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia E5 microphone issues

GregJones
Visitor

Xperia E5 microphone issues

There is a chance that once my phone drops below 30% the microphone seems to drop out. This could be a battery issue. Anyone having the same issues

16 REPLIES 16
Jonas
Master

Hi @GregJones, welcome to our community!

That sounds strange, sorry to hear about that. Slightly_frowning_Face

Is this something that you have experienced since you started using the phone or has it started to occur after installing a new system update or after you installed a new application?

Does this happen every time the battery goes below 30%, that the microphone stops working in calls?

I'd recommend that you start with rebooting your phone in safe mode when the phone has around 31/32% battery left, as soon as it drops to 30% or lower. Go to Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Microphone and run the test here and see if you are able to hear the recording of your voice in the second part of the test.

While the phone is rebooted to safe mode all applications that you have downloaded and installed on your own aren't loaded, so we can see if any of them are causing this behavior.

Let me know how it went!

jb111
Visitor

I cannot hear anything when i call a number only way i can hear is by turning the loud speaker on.I have done a safe reboot, turned off several times , run dianostics and cannot hear anything. Any help would be appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@jb111

Could you test the device? 

settings > about phone > diagnostics > test > test everything

jb111
Visitor

I have done the test, no use it gave me a message after I said no to not hearing a noise,  of not supported. Thanks for the suggestion. 

Jonas
Master

Hi @jb111, sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly_frowning_Face

If the ear speaker test failed in Diagnostics and there was no change while the phone was rebooted in safe mode, try and perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will reinstall the latest available software in your phone so we can see if the software is the cause of you not being able to use the ear speaker during calls.

Do note that this repair will delete any data stored on the internal storage of your phone so creating a backup using Xperia Companion is advised.

If there is no change after the software repair has been completed, get in contact with your Local support team and they will arrange a repair for you.

Let us know how it goes!

McFlurry123
Visitor

My mic works for some people on calls and not the others. It does not pick up sound at all apart from the odd phone call. I've filmed something and no sound came out. I did a voice recording but still nothing happened.

nebame
Visitor

I have a similar ptoblem: the microphone works on WhatsApp and other apps. it does not work on phone calls. I have re-started my device. Nothing. This is my second E5, got it 3 weeks ago. Dropped it once but this phone is durable! My old one ended up in water and on a rock one too mamy times, yes. Beaides a few other ticks I could live with its microphone was also unreliable on phone calls only. Any ideas? 

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone and I'm sorry to hear about the microphone not working as it should in either of your devices. Slightly_frowning_Face

@McFlurry123, Is there any change if you use speaker phone during a call, or if you connect a headset with a microphone to the device? If it works with either of them, it does sound like the microphone on the device isn't working as it should. See my previous posts in this thread for some more troubleshooting, such as restarting your device in safe mode.

@nebame, Does the microphone work if you do the test for it in Diagnostics? You can find the steps to the test in my previous posts in this thread!

Keep me posted!

profile.country.GB.title
AlexMango
New

I updated my system two days ago and it showed problems during the calls it has done that before 

but when i checked from the built-in devise tester i couldn't hear my recording neither from the voice recorder.
I made sure both have permission to acces the microphone but still nothing.

My software is running on 37.0.A.2.108