Join now - be part of our community!

Fibre Broadband

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fibre Broadband

Do many of you have it? 

Or are you like me, where your area is supposed to get FTTC, but as the due date comes and goes (time and time again), it gets delayed yet again?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

It took long enough for it to become available in my area, but at least I have it now.

Though if I'm lucky I can get 30Mbps, whereas my friend gets around 100Mbps... 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeeehaaa

Just installed this little critter in my laptop this arvo - Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260.

51FTp60N1CL._SX425_.jpg

All Im now awaiting on is the 4th Nov on my go-live date !!  With TalkTalks new Super Router (HG635) which will be delivered soon too !

Yippy !

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnie1266
Contributor

Hey there,

Did you get it then ??

No sign of it in my area, I may as well be on dial up ! Got about 1.6Mbps last time I checked, pathetic.

Still, it won't change my mind regarding streaming anyway - just enjoyed 'The Amazing Spiderman 2' last week on Bluray disc, fantastic effects and great sound through my system. You won't get the same experience through the fibre as it is too compressed. The little fella (my son) will be able to enjoy old Doctor Who's better than at present though so I would still like it !

If it ain't broke don't fix it
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhhh, yes I did get it.  ITS ALIVE!  ALIVE!   Fibre Medium, sync rate @39,999 actual download speeds are good at about 37Mbps ish :slight_smile:

Just having loads of problems with transferring over my network (internal LAN).  Whether im connected at AC speeds (867Mbps, or even gigabit ethernet (CAT6)).  Im sure its a windows thing.  Im only getting 10(ish) MB/s thoroughput.  Tried all the tweeks and hacks that people have posted (googled), nothing seems to work.  Doing my head in now.  Was like this before too. 

So, open to suggestions (anyone!)

But hey, at least I can download from the internet quicker now! 

profile.country.GB.title
adwalker777
Explorer

I think it’s too expensive for switching.i paid less than 30$ for switching to 5G with the dongle. I had a lot of problems with my previous provider and the prices were not acceptable for such a bad connection. So, I found usave.co.uk broadband all options I want and a lot of additional ones and I’m paying some bucks for it. I’m very satisfied with this provider. And was very happy when it fixed all the problems with the internet I had. Sometimes it is really easier to look for something new instead of upgrading.