Join now - be part of our community!

Login Procedure

profile.country.GB.title
Healey-R
New

Login Procedure

I have never come accross such an annoying login procedure for any site - SONY seems to have spent a great deal of time on finding ways to dissuade people from wanting to use their site. More than ten sets of images to identify cars and street signs before being able to get to the site - WHY? Security is not much of an issue here, even my banks have far less onerous login methods! Please sort this out.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Healey-R and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Security isn't an issue here because of the login procedures :wink:

Due to attacks on the site, the captcha images are necessary

to help keep members details etc secure.

Here's a clue for the signs - don't include the pole sections on their own.

(Took me a while to work that out)

profile.country.GB.title
.piran
Explorer

+1 on the annoying aspect of the login procedure.

Actual site 'security' is not improved by adopting captcha's aberrations of reality. Possibly less (bot) log noise to go through for the site administrators. Competent hackers expert enough to sustain their criminal objectives are likely to already have the mechanisms to bypass captcha tests. As in the days of old with physical locks: "Locks only keep out the innocent." 

A longer setting on the logged-in timeout would be less annoying, say, more than 24hrs. 

The signs used in one of captcha sequences refer to the display plate stuff attached to the signpost... So any image sector only showing a portion of the supporting post should not be clicked as it's not a 'sign' per se. And, yes I agree with the above poster, it took me a worrying number of annoyances login attempts to work it out:-/ But... hardly an elevation of 'site security'.