Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Cashback Help

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
kabir27
New

Sony Cashback Help

So I recently purchased a Sony A7ii with the Kit Lens (ILCE-7M2K) from Very.co.uk and applied for Cashback which I believe is around £200 for that model. 

I filled out the Cashback form correctly and attached the serial number from the actual camera as an Image and the Advice Note (Invoice) which was in my parcel. The Advice Note contains the item ordered, value, my details and the date of order. 

Sony then emailed me back saying that I had sent them an online confirmation rather than the Invoice and that now I am no longer valid for the Cashback scheme.

Does anyone know what I am to do in this situation when I have sent them what they wanted and they say it's incorrect? 

32 REPLIES 32
profile.country.GB.title
rosew03
Explorer

Hi Nic

I have had similar problems to other people receiving my cashback. I bought a Sony a6000 and was told my invoive proof was an online order form not a valid receipt - so I sent a VAT receipt instead within the 10 day period. I did this 6 days ago and still have not had a response to say if my claim is now valid. Is it possible to find out what the status of my cach back claim is now?  Many thanks  

Rose

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @rosew03 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I have escalated this for you so someone will be in touch with you in the

next couple of days.

Are your contact details correct in your profile?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
rosew03
Explorer

Thankyou! Yes they are correct :slight_smile:

Rose

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Sanjp13
Explorer

Hi, 

I've come to this forum looking for answers regarding the winter cashback and how long it takes when i stumbled on this tread. I've also not heard anything back from Sony since i put the claim in on the 1st Dec.

@jumpsuit Are you able to check the status of my claim also please?

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Sanjp13 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

The best advice to offer is to give Sony Support

a ring on +44 (0) 2073652810.

They can usually help.

If not or any problems, let us know in this thread.

Cheers

kgeddes21
Explorer

Hi Betreff,

I am having the same issue.

I purchased a sony camera and lense on Black Friday weekend and have filled in all of the forms and sent off for the cash back.

I have recieved an email saying that they are reviewing and that its pending, but it has been like this for over a month now and nobody has come back to me.

I am worried that the cashback deal expires in January and they might say its to late.

Are you able to assist me with this please?

Kind regards

K

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @kgeddes21 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

The best advice for checking the status of your claim is to give Sony Support

a ring on +44 (0) 2073652810.

If you need any help afterwards then let us know.

cheers

profile.country.GB.title
ImagineLight
Explorer

Hello Everyone !

I also have a small issue here.

I filled the form 2 days ago and had a message that my Claim was received and I'll receive the ID for it by email but nothing came through ( only emails that I have succesfuly registered my product ).

Should I fill this form again ?

Also, my camera was bought by my wife as a gift so her name is on the invoice, should the form be filled by her or I can do it as well ?

Thank you in advance!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @ImagineLight and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but its best to contact Sony Support on

the telephone number given in the above posts.

Cheers