Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Cashback is a sham

profile.country.GB.title
Preslly
Explorer

Sony Cashback is a sham

I ordered My A6000 during Black Friday double cashback promotion (Amazon) and went thrrough the cashback claim procedure but only got paid the the normal cashback(£50) not double(£100). I posted in forums and was advised to contact support of which i did and 3 months later im back to where i started.

When i initially contacted sony, I was told i would get rest of my cashback soon, i waited more then a month and still nothing so i  contacted sony again asking for status, they then replyed saying they had already paid me a month ago, i checked my bank account and statement and found no payment made to me (apart from the initial £50 they sent on dec 18th), so i provided them with my bank statement and highlighted the only payment they made to me, they then replied back saying they will look into this for me and today they sent me "proof" of them paying me £50 which ofcourse is a screencap of the initial payment they made to me on dec 18th.

So this 3 months ive gone in full circle back to where i started. 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Preslly,

That sounds like a proper runaround! I'll raise this with the Support team and see if they can have a proper look at it.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Preslly, 

We have received a response for you from the support team.

They have checked your cashback case on the system and found  that you acknowledged that you received £50 on 18/12/2017 (and sent a screenshot of your bank statement showing this). This payment is the second one as you received £50 on 14/12/2017 (usually double cashback is divided into two parts like this). They have already sent you proof of payment for the payment on the 14th.

Therefore they say you have received the full £100 cashback as promised, all transfers completed by the 18th of Dec 2017.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
Preslly
Explorer

Hi that is completly false.

I have bank statement from 15th nov 2017 to 5th jan 2018, of which i only recieved 1 payment (18th of dec).

Support team provided me proof of payment from 14th which i got on my account on the 18th. Why couldnt sony provide me with proof of both payments made to my account? lol because i never got 2 payments. Only 1.

I have attached my bank statement to this reply for all to see:

[Removed personal details]

Proof of payment by sony

Last image is the 'proof of payment' screenshot i recieved from sony.

Also My friend bought a6000, went through same procedure and got £100, one payment so getting paid £50 is certainly false.

If sony did pay me twice please provide me with two screenshot of 'proof of payment' or two seperate transactions of £50; total £100.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Preslly,

I've re-escalted this with the Support team and will be back in touch as soon as I have another update for you.

I have also removed your attachments as they contain personal information.

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Preslly,

I've just had a response from the Support team.

Could you check your account for a payment of £50 by Link Network between 12th - 14th March as this shows as successful.

Let me know if you have indeed received the payment?

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
cgkh92
Explorer

Preslly,

Did you have any luck in the end? 

I was planning on buying an a6000 this week but after reading numerous posts from over the last 3 years complaining about the Cashback process, I'm not sure if I want to.

Cheers

Tags (2)