Join now - be part of our community!

CMT-EH20DAB Stereo : A Radio Mystery !

profile.country.GB.title
mmatthej1
Explorer

CMT-EH20DAB Stereo : A Radio Mystery !

Just acquired this stereo, with full instructions, and I have set up about 6 pre-set radio stations - the mystery is quite how I can then select any of them !

The remote control does not have the usual numbered buttons and User Instructions are quite vague about how to select, say, radio station preference '1' - any advice/guidance please?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius
profile.country.GB.title
mmatthej1
Explorer

Thanks for advice - I have tried the repeated clicking on 'Tuner Mode' button but 'Preset' never comes up!

I will certainly try it again but - help me out - which are the +/- keys to press, in next step? I only see those makings on the Volume controls !

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Tuning Mode > One of Number 14...

+ and - in Red Circle...

I think and I guess... 🤗

20231216_105448.jpg

20231216_105522.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
mmatthej1
Explorer

I have another Sony stereo (the handsets have actually proven to be interchageable!) and I can  change pre-set stations on it, using the +/- buttons, located just below the 'tape' & 'cd' buttons, so I guess that's what the instructions mean.

BUT the same action doesn't work on my new device, which seems a bit crazy! When I press those =/- buttons, on either handset, to the new device, it just cycles through the wavelength, stopping wherever it detects a signal, not going to the next pre-set !

Maybe it's just a piece of defective kit but - still - any ideas will be very welcome, asd it's pretty useless as it stands!

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

But are you sure you have memorized the Stations correctly?
profile.country.GB.title
mmatthej1
Explorer

mmatthej1_0-1702725976658.png

My yellow shows the correcct +/- to change the stations, for information.

profile.country.GB.title
mmatthej1
Explorer

Good point about 'correct' entry into station pre-set memory! 

I will do it again, in case I've got in wrong, will let you know !

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

"My yellow shows the correcct +/- to change the stations, for information."

You're right, the black rectangle covered the other + and -, it seemed strange to me that they were the ones I had indicated but... 🤗
profile.country.GB.title
mmatthej1
Explorer

Sadly, re-entering preferred stations in FM or DAB has yielded no improvement - doh!