Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DH800 sound problem with projector & PC

Sukula
New

STR-DH800 sound problem with projector & PC

Hello

I have tried everything and I just can't get this to work.. Hopefully someone here can give me some advice!

So, the case is that I have STR-DH800 receiver and my Mitsubishi HC5500 projector connected to HDMI OUT port. 

HDMI1 IN is DVD/Digibox --> works fine

HDMI2 IN is PS4 --> works fine

HDMI4 IN is my PC, the picture works fine but I can't get the sound from PC to work at all through the receiver and to home theater speakers..

I have connected toslink(optical) cable from PC's soundcard to the receivers TV port. I have also tried the SAT IN and BD IN port and lots of different setups but I just can't get it to work...

I have 2 soundcards in my PC (One integrated to motherboard and "external" Asus Xonar DG 5.1) and I have tried Digital Outputs from both cards and of course changed the default device from PC at the same time..

How this setup should be configured right or is it even possible?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Connect everything up, and ensure connected devices are switch on for the PC, AV Reciever and projector.  Then go into the Windows Sound settings snd ensure the correct sound output it enabled.  You might need to right-click and 'show disabled devices'

The pic below wont match your situation, but its a reference to what im getting at:

2_en_enable to realtek HDMI output.jpg

See if that works

Cheers