Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S1500 and Apple Airport Express

BDP S1500 and Apple Airport Express

I recently purchased a S1500 which requires a wired connection to the router (not mentioned on the box which I was a bit miffed about) so to get it online I am using an airport express as a wifi bridge. The airport is set up as a bridge and is happily connected to the wifi however the s1500 does not recognise that it is connected at all (I have used the automatic settings and custome settings too with no joy). The connection results state "physical connection - failed" "internet access - failed". Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

There should be some problem in the Airport configuration... in order to verify it try to connect temporarely your BDP directly via a cable to the router (or via a long cable or moving the bdp/tv). You shoose the most economic version... so it's normal that it doesn't spot a wifi receiver by itself

It's gunna take a heck of a long lan cable and the tv is mounted to the wall. Going to have to search for a long cable I guess, just another expense which I wasn't expecting. Never mind

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

One alternative you have (unfortunately you have already bought an Airexpress) could have been to buy a couple of powerline to have a wired connection to the BDP. Try to a friend who can give you the cable just for a test and then if it works you should find a solution to configure your Airexpress properly to bridge the connection: I think it should be some routing problem even if as the TV says "no physical connection" seems like the LAN port is not powered.....