Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-e3100 and Ps4 sound

sugarflumpairy
Explorer

BDV-e3100 and Ps4 sound

Hi,

I like to consider myself a fairly intelligent person with more than basic knowledge of most tech...however this is apparently beyond me...

I have a fairly crappy TV where i am staying until I get my beautiful BRAVIA back...this TV has 1 HDMI port.

I recently got a BDV-e3100 sound system.  Now, I can link the two via HDMI no issues, plays via bluetooth beautifully...

Can I for the life of me figure out how to get sound from my PS4 through the sound system? no.

I have searched online and have found posts about needing a digital optical cable.

So i got one...I have the TV linked to PS4 via HDMI for the picture and then the PS4 linked to the BluRay player of the BDVe3100 via digital optical cable.

This does not work...is it because i'm using a crap TV and all will be solved when i get my BRAVIA back?

If so, yay!

Am i simply being really dense and missing something simple out?

If so, yay!

Please don't tell me this is not possible, I need my gaming sound to be good its just as important as my music!

HELP!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I have still some doubt how you can get any sound from the TV via the BDV since I don't think you have a TV with an HDMI ARC connection (that sould be available when you will have a new one).

You can in any case connect your TV or your PS4 to the BDV via optical and get the sound out of it. Be sure that you follow the advice on the manual that state:

If you make either connection above, set [Control for HDMI] in [HDMI Settings] of [System Settings]

to [Off] (page 50).

• You can enjoy equipment sound by selecting the “AUDIO” function for connection B

sugarflumpairy
Explorer

I haven't actually tried watching a bluray or dvd on this crap TV so will try that tonight and that will probably define whether its the crap TV lol!

I'll have a look at your advice tonight and see if I can get something working, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a connection anywhere