Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-L600 replacment unit using EZW-RT50 transceivers

Pyebibby
Explorer

BDV-L600 replacment unit using EZW-RT50 transceivers

Ive come to realise that the bluray cinema system has packed up becuase it no longer has a working HDMI output.

The inout work fine but i can not send the PS4 out of the unit on old AV system.

It has EZW-RT50 Transceivers, my plan is - if possble to get a new unit and plug the wireless transciever into the new unit and then continue using the excisiting speakers???

HELP please!!

thank you

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not too sure what your asking?  Are you looking for another of the same bluray player that came with this system? Or...

Cheers

Pyebibby
Explorer

essentially, is there a recognised fault with the BDV-L600 that stops the HDMI being recognised as an output?

If not, can i get another Blu-ray theatre unit to go with the excisting speakers i have, using the transceiver?

thanks for the reply!

hopefully you can help me out!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Not seen this issue to be honest, it could be a faulty HDMI port, or maybe the HDMI Cable itself - have you tried another cable?  

Those wireless tranceivers only work on specific models.  if you manage to get the exact same base unit player, then it should work.  But if you get a more modern system it wont work.

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

The following systems are compatible with the EZW-RT50 wireless transciever

_20160101_172211.JPG

Pyebibby
Explorer

i have tried diffrent hdmi cables, running it through other outputs ect i just cant get it to work!

if i found a newer unit that used the same transciever though ( EZW-RT50) would they work with my speakers?

Is there a list of which go in what?

and is it pssible to buy just units?

Anonymous
Not applicable

See my post above for a list of compatible systems.  All of these are not available any longer through normal retail channels, and it was never possible to just purchase the base unit.  Its a systems kit.  Ebay is your best bet (second hand) if anywhere.

I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but as i see it you have two options:

1. Take the unit to an authorised repair centre and see what they say - could cost in labour time 
  2. Purchase a new system altogether - most likely the solution

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im just reading your other thread.  Do bluray disc play ok?  As you mention outputting PS4?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also in your other thread you mention a temp TV.

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/home-cinema-projectors-players/bdv-l600-output-hdmi-issue/m-p/204820...

What make/model.  Im wondering if this tv does not support 1080p signals snd hence this is your problem.

Pyebibby
Explorer

thats great!

thank you very much!