HT-CT260 2.1 soundbar with wireless subwoofer

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TechnoNovice
Explorer

HT-CT260 2.1 soundbar with wireless subwoofer

Hi Everyone

TechnoNovice needs some advice :wink:

I have just set up the above with my bravia TV - I connected the digital optical cord to both my TV and soundbar, switched on TV and turned the volume down, switched on the soundbar and WOW!!!!!

I thought my TV speakers were ok - now I know better :slight_smile:

as my name suggests - should it have been this easy????/

Q1

I have a sony blue-ray player connected to the TV by HDMI cable - do I need to purchase a digital coaxial cord to connect the blu-ray player to the soundbar?

Q2

How do you connect a sky HD box to the soundbar???

any help to the above questions is appreciated :wink:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

try the Digital coaxial from the blu ray player (if it supports it) to the sound bar and HDMI to the tv then set blu ray player to output digital coaxial in set up/audio settings you should be fine, cant say for sky box, maybe phono leads for that.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.FR.title
ClarkLong
Expert

Q1: Yes 😃

Q2: what are the connections available? 😃

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I do not have the same HT (mine is an older HT CT350, but I assume they work in the same way: you need an optical connection to the TV just for the return of the audio (if you don't have ARC over HDMI on your TV set). Otherways you should connect the HDMI tv out from the HT to an HDMI port on your tv and connect any HDMI enabled device (Bluray, Sky HD, DVD player) via the HT. The HT CT 350 supports 3 HDMI inputs. If the devices are all HDMI CEC enabled the switching from one input to the other is completely automatic (i.e. if you start a disk on the BD it will switch the video to the correct HDMI and the audio channel automatically)

profile.country.GB.title
TechnoNovice
Explorer

Hi

I have now tested out both Blu - Ray and Sky box systems and both seem to be working fine with the new soundbar only using the optical cord from the soundbar to the TV?

I did purchase a  coaxial cord - but the salesman told me I shouldnt need it as any audio sound going through the TV set would be output via the optical cord on the soundbar

I just want to confirm the correct connection and ensure I have set up the correct way :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
TechnoNovice
Explorer

@ rooobb

Hi

the blu ray is connected to tv via HDMI cable

the HT - CT260 does not have any HDMI connections on it only the optical cord outlet which I have connected to the tv, blu ray and skybox seem to play fine when i switch between equipement 

The other connections the soundbar has are analogue and coaxial. I purchased cables for these but was told by salesman I should not need these as audio sound through the TV would be output via the optical cord to the soundbar'

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

try the Digital coaxial from the blu ray player (if it supports it) to the sound bar and HDMI to the tv then set blu ray player to output digital coaxial in set up/audio settings you should be fine, cant say for sky box, maybe phono leads for that.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I TechnoNovice, I did a mistake assuming that a new product would add functionalities to the older one.. Since your soundbar doesn't have an HDMI repeater the  solution Bravia55HX923 wrote is the best for you. As you experienced you are able to hear the sound sent to the TV by the BD player and than back to the HT via the optical cable but in doing so, most of the TV set, only send a 2.0 signal to the HT. If you want your sound bar to manage (even if virtually) all the audio channel coming out from the BD player you must connect it directly to the HT (with the coaxial input).

Messaggio modificato da rooobb

profile.country.GB.title
TechnoNovice
Explorer

Many thanks Bravia :wink:

I have set the soundbar up exactly as you stated in your last post -  and I am now getting an even better sound from the HT than just using the optical cord.

The skybox while not as good as TV or Blu-ray through the HT is still a big improvement and 1 that i will leave for a later day

Thanks once again for your help

Techno:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
TechnoNovice
Explorer

Thanks CL for taking the time to help with my problem :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
TechnoNovice
Explorer

Hi Rooobb

Thanks for the help with this and the info regarding the audio being different if only using the opticol cord and not connecting the HT and Blu-Ray by the coaxial cable :wink: