Join now - be part of our community!

HT-RT3 Sound delay

profile.country.GB.title
Maximilian.Berbechelov
New

HT-RT3 Sound delay

My HT-RT3 are connected to my TV via Optical Cable. All settings seem correct and there's an audio delay. Every other speaker works fine and I've tested the HTs via all kinds of cables to my tv - delay is still there.

Did anyone ever find a solution about this?

Isn't Optical to a TV the default state they want you to use these speakers? Are those speakers really mad to not be working in their default and recommended use enviroment?

Seriously what's wrong with this thing? It's the worst product I've seen in my life and for sure is the last Sony product I ever lay my eyes on.

I've been through at least 30 different system personal and in my work and this is the worst thing I've seen... Let alone the lack of support of anything modern as a codec and the lack of any interest in SONY to do something about speakers costing *****ton of money for what garbage they are.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've checked the manual but it only mentions sound delay when using Bluetooth, and that's not the case for you, so that's not much help. I also found this troubleshooting article about Optical cables, it's not exactly for sound delay, but perhaps it might give you a new idea. There's a similar article about HDMI connection here. Have you ever tried to get in touch with Support via their contact form

profile.country.GB.title
Maximilian.Berbechelov
New

Yes, the support has no idea what they're talking about. I'm pretty sure most of the guys I get connected to speak no English as a first language and have a very hard time consulting anything different than "restart your spakers sir".

I found a setting for Audio Delay on my TV, it ranges from -5ms to -50ms but none of those seem to do the trick. 15$ stereo speakers work perect through the 3.5mm jack, Logitech 5.1 speakers work good through 5.1 jack and a friend of mine gave me optical 5.1 system to try and it had no delay whatsoever.

Could the length of the optical cable be too much? I highly doubt it.