Lip sync problem HT-MT500

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Lip sync problem HT-MT500

Hi all,

Sony HT-MT500 sound bar, S/W m39.r.0106

Sony KD-498309C 4K TV, build 3.885

Having problems with lip sync while watching any source from the sound bar, it starts ok then it loses sync ( may be five minutes to three hours on time ). If I change the sound field it syncs ok, till the next out of sync, repeat above.

Connected devices.

Digital aerial

Virgin Tivo cable box

Blue Ray player

Sat tuner

Thanks

John

26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Hi all,

Update,

John Lewis have got back and have spoken to Sony. The only thing they offered was to change the sync setting to bring it back into sync but as it then goes back out again have to repeat, NOT on Sony. Sitting there constantly adjusting the sync.

John Lewis have offered to

(a) send it back for a like for like replacement maybe a hardwear problem?

(b) change to another make of bar, make up difference price wise + or -

(c) wait for Sony to update the softwear, not a lot of hope with that as I have got the latest S/W.

So I think will chose another make, Bose 300 and pay the extra.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @John1950Hitchin

I've just been reading through all your replies and apologies for not replying sooner.  No I havent heard anything back from Sony about this im afraid.

I agree with you to be honest.  If it is indeed a software problem, it could be potentially a while before its fixed.  Having said that though, there has been no further complaints about this issue on these forums - so is it isolated to your soundbar?  Unknown - But I would have expected more people if it was a wide-spread problem.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

@Anonymous

Thank you for a looking into it and contacting Sony. I does seem to me as a softwear problem ( as switching off a setting cures it ), could live with it if I had any hope new softwear was a piority for Sony, but we only have to look at our Sony TVs to see how slow they are.

Thanks again.

John

Will post back what I decide to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool :cool:

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Just one thing I only hope it's not the Sony TV otherwise! 😞

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

@John1950Hitchin wrote:

Just one thing I only hope it's not the Sony TV otherwise! 😞

John

That would be the luck of the Irish :four_leaf_clover:

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Hi all,

Thought about it overnight and it's going back. I have paid the diference £140.95 and getting the Bose 300. 

It was because if it was software problem and swopped like for like then I would be still in the same position waiting for Sony to get their act together, how long would that be?

So thanks for listening and help.

John

PS if it's the Sony TV look out for news of a mad man in Hitchin, mumbling to my self, it was only a sound bar - only a sound bar. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@John1950Hitchin wrote:

PS if it's the Sony TV look out for news of a mad man in Hitchin, mumbling to my self, it was only a sound bar - only a sound bar. 🙂

ROFL !  Good luck with the Bose (for the sake of Hitchin) :vulcan:

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Good afternoon all,

Swopped over sound bars this morning and unlike the HT-MT500 s/bar no lip sync with the Bose sound touch 300 so far, may have put the mockers on it now. 🙂 

The home theatre settings on the Sony TV are now missing,  just relying on the Bose, no messing from Sony TV to mess things up. 

So what was causing the problem S/Bar or the TV softwear, who knows, not Sony.

John

PS A happy Hitchin not mad resident. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Glad its all working for you.  FIngers crossed it stays that way.  :slight_smile:

Cheers