Join now - be part of our community!

Sony ht-s100f soundbar and sony kdl 40w667e

profile.country.GB.title
Holylele4
New

Sony ht-s100f soundbar and sony kdl 40w667e

Tv detects soundbar, but when I click on youtube and play a video, nothing comes out..

Ive checked volume control of both tv and soundbar already, please help!

I’m at the connect screen of the sound bar which says please select desired tv channels with the tv’s remote control

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Holylele4,

Welcome to the community.

Please check this page on connecting a sound bar system to your TV and let us know how you get on. 

Cheers,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Holylele4
New

Hi Pascale,

Thanks for replying, but the link you sent only shows how to connect the soundbar and the TV. 

I was able to do that already.  The TV is now showing a blue screen with the text "please select desired tv channels with the tv’s remote control" HT - S100F soundbar.

I've connected a different brand of soundbar to the TV and it works. (through the HDMI ARC port)

I've used my phone to connect to the bluetooth feature of the soundbar and it works.

So there's no question that both devices work.

Am I missing a setting here or something?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, are you sure this soundbar is a UK model? I can't find a support page on the UK website, only on the USA website here on which I found these troubleshoot topics regarding no sound from soundbar. Hopefully it provides you with some new suggestions. If you don't get any further, you might want to ask support for help via this contact form.