Join now - be part of our community!

UBP X700 freezes

profile.country.GB.title
persevere
New

UBP X700 freezes

Like other user's I have the FREEZING complaint as well. I have had 2 freeze's recently 1 being during MAMA MIA so I had to finish on the Blu-ray, the other was on BRAVEHEART in which it would not play at all and in order to get the disc out iI had to unplug the unit and plug in again to retrieve the disc. Considering the price of these discs I am not very happy. Any solutions please?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi persevere,

Welcome to the community.

I'll see if I can track down an answer. Maybe someone else in the community has an idea in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
persevere
New

Hi Pascale,

Thanks for getting back to me.Sony got back to me with help to resolve my issue, and with great success

The remedy was to pull the plug out and wait a minute, put the plug back in check the software and go from there. 

I put the offending disc in again fast forwarded it to near the offending scene, pressed play and all was resolved.

Thanks for your time.

profile.country.GB.title
persevere
New

Pascale, thank you but my problem has been solved by pulling out the plug for 1 minute and plugging in again.

profile.country.GB.title
TansleyFilm
New

This is a persistent problem. It seems that the device has a design fault when playing long 4K movies. It's not acceptable for me to have to restart the player. It should not freeze at all, ever. I have the latest software downloaded into the player. No problem still arises. It has happened with two long movies, Mission Impossible ... and Oppenheimer, after about 2.5 hours.