Join now - be part of our community!

Red light flashing when charging

Nevergiveup92
Visitor

Red light flashing when charging

Please help I have a Sony xperia l1 the phone turned on shows dead battery sign I've plugged it in but their is a red flashing light and it won't turn on any suggestions please its 6 days old

14 REPLIES 14
Nevergiveup92
Visitor

Right my phone turned on and showed a dead battery its on charge but has a flashing red light is this Normal or is it broke

ChloeS
Contributor

Hi @Nevergiveup92

Sorry to hear about this, can you please try the below steps and see if this resolves it for you. 

Press and hold the volume down key while connecting the device to a computer via a USB cable > remove the USB cable from the device > restart your Xperia device.

Let me know how it goes Slightly_smiling_Face

Emil
Enthusiast

Hi @Nevergiveup92,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'm not quite sure I understand you question. Your phone is charging and your LED light is flashing red. Can you power on the device?

I would recommend that you try to force reset your device then try charging it for 30 minutes or until you see a battery symbol on your screen. To force reset your device press and hold the volume up and the on/off key down simultaneously for at least 10 seconds.

Let me know how it goes.

Nevergiveup92
Visitor

No it won't turn on I've just done that it vibrated three times still not turning on 

Thanks going pop to Vodafone see what they say 

Sonyxperial1200
Visitor

Hi chloes can u help me i bought a sony xperia l1 and broke my screen (i got it fixed)  but after a couple days i tapped it on wall and now it wont turn on, but everytime i try turning it on it dont seem to work the only thing i can see is the light which flashes about 30 40 times i try charge it but still no sign off life still

SonyXperiaL1G33
Visitor

@ChloeS, The same problem occured for me and the steps you gave to fix it didn't work. I have tried all kinds of key combinations, and have been charging it for two days now. Are there any other good methods you know that would help my phone turn on? The CPU has gotten really warm, I have switched chargers, and the phone still has the repeated blinking red light 

SonyXperiaL1G33
Visitor

@Emil, the force reset doe not seem to work for me- I get no response, are there any other ways to make the phone operatable again?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@SonyXperiaL1G3313

it seems that you've done everything on your part it is time for you to contact your Local support to get it inspected

Just wondering did you dropped the phone, exposed it to water? 

Dwardzky
Visitor

sir/ma'am! my sony xperia is totally drain, when i charged it there is a blinking redlight, if i turn on i can't turn on. what should i do to turn on?