Join now - be part of our community!

channel bar

profile.country.GB.title
juliehobbs

channel bar

Hi think it is a channel bar when I turn on the tv the channel etc comes along the top and takes ages to go off, when I change channels the same thing happens! the other night it did not go off so tried to turn off tv by the remote and the tv button itself and red light  stayed on had to pull out plug and it came back on when i pressed the remote, but still the channel etc along top taking long time to disappear!

Anything in the set up to change?  any help much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
onelegdis

What's your TV's model number?

profile.country.GB.title
juliehobbs

Hi thank you for getting back to me. The model is Sony KDL40R473 40-inch WidescreenFreeview Full HD LED TV purchased in April 2014

onelegdis

I think your referring to the 'info' bar at the top of the screen. You should be able to turn it off permanently in your settings or by pressing the i+ button on your remote.

profile.country.GB.title
juliehobbs

Hi I am struggling to find where to turn off in settings, could you please assist?

Many thanks Jules

Sdroid

On my x8509c it's in settings-channel setup-info banner, maybe it's in the same place for you
profile.country.GB.title
juliehobbs

Unfortunately cannot find the info banner in my settings!, anyone any idea where I might find this please?

Many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Assuming it is the info banner.  press button number 17 on your remote control.  Might need to press it a couple of times as it cycles through other display options.

Screenshot_2015-08-30-13-53-14.png

Cheers