Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32D3000 multiline screen fault

profile.country.en_GB.title
TV-less
Visitor

KDL-32D3000 multiline screen fault

My KDL-32D3000 Bravia TV, manufactured in June 2007, has developed a screen fault. The screen is full of multi-coloured vertical lines. No picture is available.  Reading through other forums (avforum.com), this seems to be a common fault on this model from 2007. Rather disappointing for a TV which cost £700.

Can anyone advise of the cause of this fault?

Message was edited by: TV-less

Tags (3)
58 REPLIES 58
hema1234
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem, Please let me know how did you approach the retailer, they give me number for repaire but no body called me

Regards,

kevinwillcox
Explorer

I have a Sony KDL 32D3000 tv that has now developed multi vertical lines ! I note that over 110 other people have reported this fault on av forums. Could you please advise me on how Sony are going to assist with the necessary repairs. Purchased tv in June 2007, the same period as the others that have all

reported the same problems. The tv is now out of warranty as over 1 year old and I am disappointed with Sony's

stance on previous requests for help as there is clearly a production problem.

Has anyone taken this to the magazines, industry watchdog or to the courts ?

Sony, I am a huge believer in your products and have 8 other Sony products in the house and usually happy to pay the Sony premium for a quality product. You now need to accept that there is a problem here and need to provide the right level of after sales service as otherwise you will have lost a long standing supporter and buyer of your products. I will also consider my legal rights given the substantial amount of evidence and support that is clearely available.
-Cass-
Explorer

Thank you for posting on the Sony Forum.

In an effort to give a quick and correct answer to your question, one of the forums experts has escalated your post to our Technical Support team, who will provide them with the information required as quickly as possible.

You can expect one of the forum experts to get back to you with the answer very soon.

Best regards

The Sony Team

profile.country.nl_NL.title
mloggen
Visitor

Same problem over here, Vertical lines on the screen.

Manufactering date is 07-2007

Hope to find a good solution from Sony.......

Mark

Meltdown
Visitor

Yet another disappointed customer. I turned on my Bravia KDL-32D3000 (purchased 01-08-07) today to find a multi-line fault obliterating all the picture, with the exception of a white patch on the far left hand side and in the middle. The latter has some black horizontal lines.  This is obviously a common problem affecting all the TVs manufactured at this point in time.

I look forward to hearing what the forum experts from the Sony Team recommend.

Kind Regards

langstc1
Visitor

here's another one to add to the list 😞

mine went yesterday. a full screen of vertical coloured lines.

Date of manufacture = 06/2007

Serial = 4012007

so, what's the fix? a replacement something-or-other?

Earth calling Sony...come in please

duncanpuppy
Visitor

Exactly the same here! KDL 32D 3000 manufactured June 2007 started  the vertical coloured lines about an hour ago. As other contributors have said this is disgraceful in a set costing over £700. Sony must know they had a batch fault around that time of manufacture and should offer to replace the faulty component. This could be my first (and last) Sony TV!!

TV-less
Visitor

Now I know why Sony's strap line is 'Make.Believe'

ahubble
Visitor

My KDL-32D3000 Bravia TV has just developed the same screen fault! Manufactured 05/2007.

What happens next?

Will Sony contact me?

TV-less
Visitor

No - not in my experience. You are on your own.

Lesson I learned was buy another brand and get a 5 year warranty. John Lewis are probably the best place to buy from.

Good luck