Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-50W815B Issues Connecting to NAS

gezzerboy
New

KDL-50W815B Issues Connecting to NAS

I have a 55 Inch KDL which i have owned for a aboutr 2 weeks. Out the box it was fine but now i have issues with it connecting to my NAS Drive. Its on the network and apps work fine however when using the Media Player it sees the NAS but wont connect to it. All other TV;s in the house and phones see the NAS fine and the TV was streaming from it fine  up to 4 or 5 days ago. Now nothing, just sits saying connecting to server ... 

Thoughts ... Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
gezzerboy
New

Set NAS to DHCP and reboot seems to have fixed the issue, Weird its only the SONY That was effected, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

Glad you got it working.  Just a pointer - If the IP address changes (as it will inevitably happen with DHCP), the TV will create another 'DLNA Server' on the TV (of which I am assuming was the case of the original problem).  The TV can only address something like 8 DLNA Servers before it wont connect to any more.  You will need to clear this list.

Goto the Network options, then Home Network Setup, then Server Display Settings.  Simply press the options button on the 'server' you want to delete and select delete.

I recommend keeping you NAS on a fixed IP Address

Cheers