Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix Update Issue - KDL-42W829B

SOLVED
munkian

Netflix Update Issue - KDL-42W829B

Hi Guys

I got a new KDL-42W829B yesterday, set it all up fine, everything working.

Today Netflix app isn't working - TV says update required, I click to get update then says no new version avaliable

its then stuck in this loop

Other online apps are fine, firmware is up to date (downloaded to USB) Tv said its same version

Reset to factory settings, still no joy

Does anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

54 REPLIES 54
andrekrit
Explorer

Exactly the same issue. KDL-50W815B. Very frustrating, can't believe the issue hasn't been fixed yet!

jah616
Explorer

KDL-40W605B here. Same issue. Same firmware.

Hope it doesn't take as long as the old PDR took!

Luckily, I can run it through the PS3 or I'd have a child mutiny on my hands. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I have received no new updates as of yet.  However sometimes problems are not as 'clear cut' or easily resolved as hoped.  It also takes time for engineers to gather information and investigate as well as trying to replicate the problem.  Once the problem can be replicated, its then they can work on a solution.

It may not even be Sonys problem, and that would mean working with other companies, which brings a complexity of its own.

Thank you all for your continued patience.

Cheers.

teefy-uk
Explorer

Same issue on a KDL42W829BBU here 😞
parnas99
New

Me too on KDL-40W605B

nuozichen
New

Same problem here.

Model  Bravia KDL42W8

jimbo1776
Explorer

Same here

'Your Sony Bravia TV needs a system update in order to receive more new and exciting content'

Clikc 'Update now'

Download software

Newer version  not detected:smileyplain:

Same thing here, Sony kdl-40w605b

pas1181
Explorer

Same thing here, KDL-42W705B

boomball
Explorer

"It may not even be Sonys problem, and that would mean working with other companies, which brings a complexity of its own." Seriously - you're really going with that - even though they had a massive problem with many Netflix log-ins for about a month and the last update FROM SONY - fixed it - and now many folks who did not have a issue - now have one And every other app on the TV works - and Netflix on the BD player FROM Sony - connected to the same network and the same router does work