Problem with HDMI Sony Bravia KDL-40W5500

SOLVED
profile.country.nl_NL.title
furkkok
Visitor

Problem with HDMI Sony Bravia KDL-40W5500

Dear community,

I'm a proud owner of a Sony KDL-40W5500,

There is only one problem, and that is the HDMI it doesn't work when i connect the Sony TV with my Laptops, Pc, Media Server.

I see that there is a connection in the TV input list but there is No Screen when i click on the connected HDMI input.

When i connect my Pc or Laptop i can hear the sound that the HDMI is recognized by windows, but there is no screen.

I try'd the HDMI cable at some friends house and it worked. With screen, and sound

I'll appreciate any helpful suggestions,

Thanks in advance,

Furkan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi furkkok,

welcome to the Club VAIO Questions & Answers forum..:smileyhappy:

Is there a key on your laptop to enable enable TV-Out, possible one of your F keys, if so try pressing FN & the F key..

Also have you checked that the output resolution and refresh rate of your laptop matches the resolutions the television is  capable of displaying..

Are you able to successfully connect any other HDMI devices to your TV.?

Have you tried connecting your lpatop to another HDMI TV

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi furkkok,

welcome to the Club VAIO Questions & Answers forum..:smileyhappy:

Is there a key on your laptop to enable enable TV-Out, possible one of your F keys, if so try pressing FN & the F key..

Also have you checked that the output resolution and refresh rate of your laptop matches the resolutions the television is  capable of displaying..

Are you able to successfully connect any other HDMI devices to your TV.?

Have you tried connecting your lpatop to another HDMI TV

profile.country.RO.title
moknucatalin
Explorer

Hi!

I have almost the same problem: Earlier i connected a PS3 system to TV set and worked ok. After one year, i tried again to reconnect the same my own PS3 to 40W5500 and is not working (tried even to reset video card of PS3). I am concerned about this issue as, i even am not able to connect a laptop to the same TV set.

What can be done to solve this issue (i updated firmeware for TV set .... on information page on tv is written:

1. KDL-40W5500

2. 9603224

3. 1.752EA

I need your help.