Join now - be part of our community!

Problems accessing BBC iPlayer

profile.country.GB.title
eurosytes
New

Problems accessing BBC iPlayer

I am having problems with three devices in my home when trying to access BBC iPlayer.

Sony Bravia TV - KDL-50W815B (software version PKG3.004EUA)

Sony Blu-ray Player BDP-S5200 (software version M20.R.0164)

Humax HDR-1010S

They all load BBC iPlayer OK, and in each case when trying to play any programme the following error message appears on screen....."Something went wrong loading this programme" 02001.

I have checked that the software is up to date and I have restored factory settings, but with no success.

The TV is connected to my router via an ethernet cable, while the other 2 devices are connected via wi-fi.

My desktop and laptop and mobile devices are connected to the same router but in all cases they can load iPlayer and play the programmes successfully.

I have tried turning everything off and then on again (many times) but this makes no difference.

Have contacted Sony support but they have not been able to offer any solutions.

I would be grateful if anyone has any suggestions, as I have exhausted the ones I can think of, and those offered on various forums on the net.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @eurosytes, welcome to the Community.

The 02001 error is fairly common iPlayer issue across all brands and devices but unfortunately tells you very little about the specific problem, which is almost always a compatibility issue. 

Have a look at this comment, which details the troubleshooting steps that has fixed the problem in the past. 

Cheers

Mick