Join now - be part of our community!

Re: Smart Internet failure

chcandl50
Explorer

Re: Smart Internet failure

I have a KDL32W653A.   It is connected via a wired system to the internet.  About a month ago the connection failed.  A check with a laptop to the TV wire end showed that there was a good internet connection.   But the TV stated 'no connection'   I have tried the ip address shown on the laptop but get 'invalid code'.  Nothing seems to convince the tv that it is connected despite all its own and my efforts.     This is the second time.  Last time after about a month the TV reconnected itself.     Machines dont really do this so I suspect outside Sony help.  Without internet I cannot update. Any one have ideas.  Ringing the Sony helpline is just an exercise in phone patience waiting for an answer.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Happy to help you on this one, but I think it might be best to start from the start again to be honest.  Can you do a factory reset on the TV, as this can cure many issues. Then connect the TV back to your network and test. 

Cheers

chcandl50
Explorer

Thanks for your advice. Factory reset done but still 'not connected'.   As its only ten months old it will be back to the shop.  SONY customer support  just faffs about model numbers. It annoying that it appears faults are just the norm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Certainly a weird problem.  Let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

Cheers