Join now - be part of our community!

Screen Mirror KDL-40EX723 to Phone

profile.country.GB.title
AutoRacer827
New

Screen Mirror KDL-40EX723 to Phone

I successfully installed the Sony UWA-BR100 USB wireless adapter so that I could connect my Sony TV (model KDL-40EX723) to other devices, in particular my Samsung S9 and iPhone 8. I am able to connect my Samsung to Wi-Fi Direct to my Sony TV, however I am unable to do screen mirroring or play music from my phone onto the TV. When I click on the Input button on the remote, "Screen Mirroring" is not an option, only the various AV/HDMI ports. Also, when I get out of the Wi-Fi Direct menu, my phone seems to disconnect from the TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @AutoRacer827, welcome to the Community.

Is this a problem with both phones or just the Samsung? 

Have a look at this article, which takes you step-by-step through the connection process. Hopefully something there will get things working.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
AutoRacer827
New

Thanks for forwarding the article @Mick_D. This article does not resolve my issue. My Sony TV does indeed successfully connect to the wireless network; so both my Samsung S9 and TV are on the same network.

Since they are both on the same network, I understand that I should be able to play music from my phone (Spotify, Soundcloud) and through the TV as well as display photos from my phone on the TV. However I cannot figure out how to make that happen. I followed these directions but there is no "screen mirroring" option under Inputs.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbi0oQMm5iU 

Perhaps there is another way to play music and display photos from my phone on my TV?