Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia (X70 E) 55 inch PS4 Pro help

profile.country.AU.title
jared3k994
New

Sony Bravia (X70 E) 55 inch PS4 Pro help

I have a Sony Bravia (X70 E) 55 inch. I’ve connected my ps4 pro to the HDMI 2 slot, no problems. When in the main menu of the PS4 .... i noticed that it didn’t look so great, the colours were too bright and making everything look faded, so I changed it to look better. Then, I put in NBA 2k18 and noticed immediately that the game looked awful, so I changed the picture settings again until I got it looking good. I pressed the PS button to go into the main menu of the PS4 and saw that it was also looking good, so I went and continued to play the game. Then, After playing, I quit the game, and when being sent to the ps main menu again it was looking awful like before with the faded bright colours. I noticed that when I went into the game it displayed the resolution at the top of the screen.....like I was entering something new (like changing the hdmi port or something like that). And when I exited the game it did the same thing showing the resolution at the top of the screen. So it’s obviously giving me two different results for being in a game and for being in the ps main menu, despite my picture settings being the same. I then tried gta V. It looked bad just like the main menu, meaning that it shares the same results. It didn’t show the resolution at the top of the screen when going into gta so the only thing I can think of is that NBA 2k18 is a Pro enhanced game, while gta v is not. So when going into pro enhanced games I have to redo my picture settings every time? Surely there’s a way to make things easier right? Sorry if this is annoying to read lol, I’m just wondering if anybody knows if there’s a better way or if that’s just the way it has to be haha

Thank you :slight_smile:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi jared3k994,

Welcome to the Sony Community. 

I will try find an answer, but it might also be best posting your question on the Sony PlayStation forums here.

Cheers,

Sean Mc

profile.country.AU.title
jared3k994
New

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile: I don’t think it’s a PlayStation issue as I know it’s the tv doing it, but I will post my question there anyway, thank you :grin: