Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-32W705B - Constant LAN Disconnections

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
sozzny
Explorer

Sony KDL-32W705B - Constant LAN Disconnections

Hello,

Just bought a KDL-32W705B , really having problems with the LAN connection which I hope anyone can help with.

The TV reports that the TV is connected to the internet and home network ok but at inconsistant intervals it will drop the network connection displaying a message "The TV is not connected to the network". On clearing the message the LAN symbol in the top right corner will display an X then reconnects. This happens in a constant loop therefore trying to watch any streamed content from my My Book Live Duo, iPlayer and YouTube is impossible.

The TV is plugged into a 5 port Linksys switch which then runs to a BT Home Hub 3.

I've tried the following witthout success:

DHCP/Static IP addresses.

Factory reset of TV

1GB/100 sockets

The tv firmware is up to date so I'm completely stumped.

Just to add, a PC, Humax STB and Playstation 3 is connected to the same switch, these devices remain connected without any issue.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Owen

28 REPLIES 28
profile.country.GB.title
sozzny
Explorer

In between the momentary blips there is full connection to the internet and NAS drive. Just these momentary dropouts. The new firmware downloaded still hasn't cured it.
profile.country.GB.title
bigredbus2

Just to check it isn't related to the rest of my setup, I added a DLNA renderer to my Nexus last night and played (one of) the same video over the WiFi that has randomly stopped on the TV. Played through without a hiccup.

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

Ok thanks, that wasn't clear to me. I just wondered about the DNS addresses, but I don't know about BT. Can you use the build in web browser- try different sites?

To troubleshoot further I'll suggest:

Check the link LED when disconnect happens, -is it off?

If it's off, it indicates a bad cable, loose connector or bad socket in the local LAN connection.

Disconnect all other devices on your home network and check by streaming from ex. youtube. I know it's a long shot and time wasting, but...

Reboot the BT hub with a couple of minutes off.

Kryten_2X4B-523P
Explorer

I've used 2 sets of ethernet cables,plugged in different ports, in both switch and router, yet the problem persists. Also the disconnection is too short for me to notice anything on the LEDs on the switch or router and my equipment doesn't keep connection logs of the clients.

It seems to me that the issue is on the TV's side, especially considering that the network drops even using the TV internet browser or Youtube.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

This is very odd - never experienced any drop outs on any of the BRAVIA's I've used over the last few years. I'd get it looked at by your local service centre ( or if you've only had the TV for a month, get it swapped out by the retailer) as you've done plenty of reasonable troubleshooting and it seems managed to confirm that the issue isn't with your networking equipment.

Do feedback how you get on though...

Kryten_2X4B-523P
Explorer

The TV is like a month and a half old now and the OP and I have different model but both from the 2014 Bravia line. The problem is that the disconnections happen very randomly and erratically. Yesterday I played 3 movies in a row without any interruptions, but during the 4th one the connection dropped 6 times ! Sometimes in a very short interval, like 30 seconds. Customer service is not going to test the TV for a day, and they may not experience the issue doing regular diagnostics.

profile.country.GB.title
sozzny
Explorer

I've had John Lewis replace the tv...the issue persists 😞
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Ok so the likelyhood of it being two TV's with the same issue is very small. I'm speculating but maybe there is some kind of hardware incompatibility between the router and the TV which is why its doing this? I remember years ago there was some kind of Buffalo device which just refused to work with BRAVIA, no matter what we did. Tough to know what the solution is - what router do you have?

profile.country.GB.title
sozzny
Explorer

My router is a BT Home Hub 3.

Other devices attached are:

Playstation 3
Humax Freesat
Windows 7 PC
WD Live TV
Sky+HD stb

All these devices are fine so must be the tv.
Kryten_2X4B-523P
Explorer

I doubt the router or switch are causing the issue, the TV is connected correctly to the network most of the time. And the disconnections last 2-3 seconds at the most. Sony will have probably to address this issue if more people report LAN disconnections in new Bravia TVs.