Join now - be part of our community!

X9000A Series

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
edluvuk
Explorer

X9000A Series

Hello.

It is possible to update the firmware of the new TVs Sony BRAVIA (X9000A Series) in the future so that it could work with video encoding H.265 (HEVC)? Is hardware capable to run this new codec?

Regards.

sean

12 REPLIES 12
orakevin
Explorer

@Anonymous 

I don't think "The lying rat Sony Sales Rep" is profane. I suppose you can change it to "A lying Sony Sales Rep", taking off the "rat" part, but as he (the Sony Sales Rep) was the liar who told me the lies about streaming Netflix in 4K to *my* TV I would like to see that wording returned to my post. This isn't an issue with the store where I purchased the TV. The liar was most certainly a Sony employee, wearing is official Sony shirt and a "Sales Rep" ID around his neck.

One more point: The lying Sony Sales Rep never mentioned the need for a separate AND EXPENSIVE "add-on" media player which also does not appear on the Netflix compatibility website.  Oh, and by the way: YOUR FMP-X5 IS NOT IN STOCK ANYWHERE IN EUROPE!!! How do you figure I can spend even more money on more Sony junk when it isn't any where to be found???

Thanks for passing on the bit about the warranty, though.  Perhaps you can make one lie become truth.  I guess we'll see if Sony give a flip about retaining customers.

J-star

Don't trust salesmen... it's in the job title... their job is to get the sale plain and simple.  I'm sure there are plenty of good ones but they may be the exception.

Do your own homework, and only rely on the word of the salesperson if have to and you are at a reputable store or company that either you know you can trust, or that you know will be accountable in the case that they give you wrong information.  If you were given wrong information, they should take the product back if it's sufficient to make you change your mind about it if you speak to the person in charge.  However, this will depend on the perceived significance of the bit of information in question and also of course the way in which you deal with them.  Calling them rats or approaching with an attitude of entitlement and hostility rather than just reasonably seeking redress wouldn't help.

The key message is caveat emptor as any experienced consumer knows.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kudos - Well put J-Star  :slight_smile: