Join now - be part of our community!

Can't get my Sony Vaio to work

profile.country.GB.title
Riiinn7
New

Can't get my Sony Vaio to work

Model: PCG-71213M

I have a laptop that is a quite a few years old and until recently it worked absolutely wonderful. However,while I was using it, it suddenly turned off. My issue right now is the following: it will not turn on. If i press the power button it will start for about 5 to 10 seconds after which it turns off. The only thing i noticed besides this is the fact that the battery led is constantly blinking(orange). I have tried most of the online suggestions and of course none worked.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Riiinn7,

Unfortunately, I think this older model is no longer supported. But if you check for the alternative model number (possibly starting with VPC*****) you may find some information on the support pages here.  Meanwhile, maybe some other forum members will be able to offer you some advice.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Riiinn7 and welcome.

A fast blinking orange charging light indicates a failed battery or a poor battery connection. The battery is probably dead.

You could try removing the battery and trying to start your Vaio on mains power only - it may work.

If you can find the correct model number (possibly starting VPC******* or VGN********) someone may have more information.