Join now - be part of our community!

File Transfer - NWA35

profile.country.GB.title
quarkrad
Explorer

File Transfer - NWA35

I can successfully transfer songs from my pc to NWA35 via Music Center for PC - but it is painfully slow (I have over 2K songs).  I have looked into transfering directly from the pc to the micro SD card that I use but there seems to be an issue with the transfer protocol one has to use.  I can use two types of pc OS, windows 10 or linux.  From what I have read so far you have to use (on a windows machine) msc trasfer mode but I have not found out how to do that. My linux machine sees the sd card but will not transfer files to it (I'm not sure what protocol the walkaman formats the music folder).  Either way - I'm having difficulty transfering directly to the sd card using either windows or linux. Any advice most appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Have you tried the steps here ? If so is your firmware up to date?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
quarkrad
Explorer

I have tried all the steps and can confirm my forware is 1.20.  I keep getting the same message with different sd cards when transferring music to the nw a35 - since connection with the device/media was lost, this process was cancelled (error code: 0003a9f).  I start to transfer 2050 songs and at one point I did see something like 654/2050 and all was going well.  Is 2050 too many to do in one go?  What scenarios could cause the lost of connection? (I have this error with the sd card in the walkman and the walkman connected to the pc and the sd card in a card holder connected to the pc on its own).

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

I would recommend getting in touch with the support team here for further help.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

I don't see why it doesn't work, did you format your card with your walkman?

which microSD card do you use?

Just recently transfer thousand of files to a 128gb microSD no issue at all 

profile.country.GB.title
quarkrad
Explorer

I'm using  scandisk (32gb) and an unbranded 64gb cards - still having trouble.

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

but did you format the card with ur walkman?