Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000x 1.0.7 firmware: VERY frequent drops on right earpiece

profile.country.GB.title
graaskov84

WF-1000x 1.0.7 firmware: VERY frequent drops on right earpiece

Hey all.

I've had my WF-1000x for some time now.

After updating to the 1.0.7 firmware (updated from 1.0.6) i am experiencing a HUGE amount of cut-off/sound skipping on the right earpiece. The connection to the left earpiece is rock solid.

I have tried ALL that i can think off, to remedy the problem:

Resetting product, disconnecting it, unpair, repair using app, swithching to SBC codes etc etc etc.... nothing works 😞

To provide some information on the problem:

• Sound skipping on 1.0.6: maybe a couple of times per day, with a total amount of listening around 6 hours.
  • Sound skipping on 1.0.7: at least once per song (so every four minutes).

This is absolutely ridiculous, and has made me go from being very satisfied with the product, to being ***** of at Sony for making such a bad firmware (that you can't even downgrade, for whatever reason!). It has made these headphones so unenjoyable to use...

If i were to guess, i think Sony reduced the latency/buffering on 1.0.7, which is resulting in the frequent drops.

If my memory serves me correctly, i think 1.0.6 had more latency/buffering. If Sony changed this, makes no sence at all. The latency is still way to much for wathing video in sync with the audio.

Am i the only one having this problem?

Perhaps my headphones are simply defective?

Daniel

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @graaskov84,

what are your settings in the Headphones Connect app?

Sound quality or reliable connection?

It could be that the new firmware improved the aduio quality in the quality priority mode, which causes the sound to skip more with the same quality of connection as before (just a guess).

If you are certain that the headphones are the issue, I will forward your issue to the support to sort this out.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
graaskov84

Hi Nic.

I have it on "quality" right now. I have tried the "stable" option where it swithes to SBC codec: it does not help with the skipping sound (i had it on this setting for mutiple days, without any difference).

I have an iPhone 6s running iOS 11.2.1 if that matters...

I havent tried them with another phone, but i don't se how it could make a difference, giving that the left earpiece never drops out.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @graaskov84,

thanks for getting back to me so quickly, I forwarded your issue to the support.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
graaskov84

Hi Nic.

No problem.

And thank you for forwarding this to support and for your help. Will be interesting to see what support's response will be.

Daniel

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @graaskov84,

the support recommends to perform a factory reset first.

http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wf1000x/v1/en/contents/TP0001513198.html

If this doesn't solve the issue, please get back to me.

- Nic

profile.country.NO.title
anderslien
New

I also have this problem. I tryed the factory reset, but it is as terrible as before. The problem got worse after updating to latest firmware. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @anderslien and @graaskov84,

thanks for getting back to me. 

I will tell the support, that the update didn't resolve the issue (or rather made it worse).

- Nic

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @graaskov84 and  @anderslien,

the support got back to me and wants to have additional information about the device you used to playback the music and the file type for which you experience the problem.

Also it would be interesting to know, if the issue occurs more/less outdoors (less interference) or indoors (more electric interference).

- Nic

profile.country.NO.title
anderslien
New

I am using an iphone 7 with newest software and playing music on spotify and podcasts. Happens on bouth. 

Same issue indoors and outdoors. Got a lot worse after updating to latest software from sony.