Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM2 charging times

SOLVED
profile.country.PT.title
Trainzer
Explorer

WH-1000XM2 charging times

Hi all,

I recently bought a pair of WH-1000XM2 and as per the instructions manual I have connected it to a computer for the first charge. It was connected for 6 hours and the red light did not go off to indicate a full battery charge. Went to Support page and they also state that a universal USB AC adaptor can be used - either 0.5A or 1.5A.

So I connected the headphones to an USB AC 1.5A adaptor for 11 hours and still red light indicating full battery does no go off.

Anyone experience this? Operating instructions are very clear that the red light indicator will go off once battery reaches full charge (approx. 4 hours)

Do I have a defective item?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.PT.title
Trainzer
Explorer

Thank you IamNic.

Can confirm that it was indeed a defective unit. I have returned to the store and they have exchanged the unit by a new one. On the new one, the red light indicator switched off after around 1h:30m when connected to the computer.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Trainzer,

@Trainzer  schrieb:

Do I have a defective item?

that is one possibility for sure, yet I would try to use another cable first.

If I recall correctly it charges via a micro-USB-cable, so if your phone uses such a cable you can try that one on the headphones.

Or you could verify the cable/AC-adapter working by plugging another device to the cableyou tried to charge the headphones with.

- Nic

profile.country.PT.title
Trainzer
Explorer

Thank you IamNic.

Can confirm that it was indeed a defective unit. I have returned to the store and they have exchanged the unit by a new one. On the new one, the red light indicator switched off after around 1h:30m when connected to the computer.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Trainzer,

glad to hear your unit got replaced :slight_smile:

- Nic