Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
rab1973
Explorer

Not on the 55 they ain't !!!!!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are many models of a 55" tv.  Depends on the series.  See the chart below.

_20151122_214009.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@Anonymous I think a YouView issue but when using the Discover , YouView Films, the Channel 5 films mostly have a year date substituted for the title. As this shows, I don't know how to report this.

image.png

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frogger38 - Lol. OK.

Im not too sure either.  Leave it with me and ill see where to take it.  Is this a common thing?

Discover - didnt know anyone used it.

mk1.golf.1983

I too noticed that with the discover button and youview but disabled youview on day of release because it was....

wills_b

I bought my Sony 49x8305c on launch day (I was perplexed at the time at the lack of fanfare), I started posting on this thread on page 7, and I have now returned the TV.

Currys didn't fight it too much, I suspect Sony are quietly accepting the sets back in order not to infuriate the people selling their sets for them.

It's a real shame, was my first Sony TV, I had very high hopes, and it will be my last. The android system is half baked, the set is clearly underpowered, and the actual panel on the 49inch isn't great. The contrast ratio is terrible.

i wish all the best to those people who have kept hold of them. Those considering buying I would advise not to. I'm much happier with the Samsung I now own.

Kevwoods12

I've just checked the uk website and the 55" 850 series Do have different refresh rates. 

The 5 is 800hz, the 7 900hz and the 9 is 1000hz, so who are we to believe? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kevwoods12 - you are quite correct on the specifications on the website, it does say 800/900/1000

Edit:

I have just looked at another more detailed comparision table, you are correct - my appologies.  The motionflow rate is different to the 5/7/9.  Previous years it has been the stand/tv frame colour that was the only difference between the end digit for the EU market.  I guess this has changed a bit.

profile.country.GB.title
frogger38

@Anonymous 

@Quinnicus wrote:

@frogger38 - Lol. OK.

Im not too sure either.  Leave it with me and ill see where to take it.  Is this a common thing?

Discover - didnt know anyone used it.

It only affects the YouView discover mode, for channel 5 films, then it seems most are affected. One or two get the correct title. If you locate the film in the 5 on demand player, it has the correct title. It has been like this since the launch of YouView. 

Pas for the use of the discover function... Someone has to test the software, as the suppliers seem not to. :slight_smile:

@Btw.. My @mention alerts have started working, with minimum delays. 

Product is is Sony 2015 KDL 43W805C Android TV, UK Model with YouView, purchased Sept 2015.
MonkeyWallace
Explorer

@wills_b how long between buying the TV and getting Curry's to take it back? They've declined to rake mine backas it's been 4 months so I'd be interested in a precedent... Sent from Outlook Mail for Windows 10 phone