Join now - be part of our community!

KD43x80j latest firmware PKG6.6070.0711EUA

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-G1sbn
Explorer

KD43x80j latest firmware PKG6.6070.0711EUA

You seem to have blundered with this update or is it due to the slate screen that keeps telling me that the set is ready for the BBC1 regional HD update coming soon. The problem is with loss of sound when scrolling through the Freesat channels on the EPG list. Sometimes when a channel is then picked, its pictures appear but no sound comes with them, neither the set or the AV amp connected to it saying 'Mute' is applied and toggling this makes no difference. Sound can only appear after an indeterminant number of channels have been tried by zapping through them or sometimes going back to the EPG list and reselecting the wanted channel but that is rarely successful.

There is no problem with the Freeview EPG, sound being present all the time from the current channel being viewed during the EPG search.

Another Freesat problem is that the BBC Radio splash screens do not always appear even after many minutes. A soft restart usually cures this and the splash screen appears probably within a minute of programme restoration.

General Satellite operation for the non-Freesat channels I want such as CNN HD is partially affected by the sound loss during EPG viewing, usually muting about 7 to 10 seconds after the EPG is selected. Whether sound comes with the selected channel is still a lottery.

I also note that when the Freeview EPG is selected, the current channel displays in the top right-hand corner of the display(with sound). In both Freesat and General Satellite EPG's there is no miniature picture.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Mike-G1sbn, I've seen a lot of threads here about sound issues with the Yamaha sound system, try changing cables, or using optical instead for a while. Let me know if that makes any difference. Also, change digital audio out to pcm on HDMI

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-G1sbn
Explorer

I have gone to an optical link now but maintained a digital output to keep 5.1 sound when available and so far so good.