Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X Compact Can't Update from Android 6 to Android 8 in 2020

profile.country.GB.title
Arvin_Fox
New

Xperia X Compact Can't Update from Android 6 to Android 8 in 2020

I bought a new Xperia X Compact (a docomo version) 1 month ago. when I'm buying it was with the Android 6.0 update. I tried to connect it with Xperia companion many times and tried to update it. but it says the device is up to date and if i try to perform a software repair it pops up an error (like server response or something on the bottom right side of the companion) but i bought a new Xperia XZ1 (week ago) and it was Android 7.0 update. and it updated to android 9.0 update with the xperia companion. to check it was my compute's fault again I connected my xperia x compact and did everything (tried to find an update/tried to software repair) and it says again the same errors. please help me to update my Xperia X Compact to 8.0 update without any root or mods.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

I would hazard a guess you need to flash a generic region firmware Android 6, then update that.

I'm sure Docomo are all locked, and that's Japan isn't it?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

In Xperia Companion  tap software repair and then at the bottom of the screen tap 'My device cannot be detected or started, or is a Smartwatch 3'

Xperia X Compact will go to Android 7.0

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Arvin_Fox

If your carrier network (Docomo) hasn't approved and released the update, there isn't much to be done other than manually update with Xperifirm; with that said, if I recall there are issues flashing DOCOMO branded devices with other FTF files. You might want to double check on the XDA Forum.