Join now - be part of our community!

No wifi calling option on experia xa2

profile.country.GB.title
WildCherryblossom
Explorer

No wifi calling option on experia xa2

My ohone doesnt seem to have the wifi calling option.

I have followed the instructions to turn it on but when i go onto settings the option isnt there.

Any idea why?

I am on three which says it has it on this phone model.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

On 3 mobile, it should be in the settings app, open settings and type WIFI, click on the WIFI CALLING option that pops up a bit further down the list and turn it on there.

Note, 3 mobile will only allow WiFi calling on devices purchased directly from 3, if purchased elsewhere the option will not be active.

This is a restriction set by 3 and not Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
WildCherryblossom
Explorer

Thanks for the reply.

It isnt there in the settings .

That explains it as this was originally bought on a different provider,bt i think.

Is there a way i can activate it or is there a provider i could buy a pay as you go sim that will work?

Thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I believe, with the xa2, if the firmware is flashed to the 3 mobile version of the firmware, the option will become available.

However I wouldn't recommend it be attempted if you've not done it before, and I can't detail on here how to do it due to the risks involved.

If you find out which original network it was on (if bt,you could try bt & EE) and see if the settings become available with one of those SIM cards in.

profile.country.GB.title
WildCherryblossom
Explorer

Thank you so much fir your help.

I will try an ee sim and hopefully that will do it.

If not then i will look into trying to flash the firmware to 3,although i will have to look for soneone to do that as i have no idea how!

But for me the risk is worth it because i live in an area which doesnt evan have 2g signal so wifi calling is essential so without wifi calling the phone is useless anyway.

Thank again.

If you are able to pm me how to do it i would really appriciate it. 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Unfortunately I cannot help with that, but there are many on such places as XDA forums who know how to do it.

If you can find someone with experience how to do it, then yes, in your case it will be a much better scenario with your signal issues.