Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40EX503 Sound and Picture out of sync

profile.country.en_GB.title
jeffdunn
New

KDL-40EX503 Sound and Picture out of sync

Hi All,

I have a KDL-40EX503 connected to a DVD player via one of the SCART sockets, and the digital output from the DVD player goes to a sound processor for Dolby Digital/DTS processing.

When playing a DVD, the picture and sound are out-of-sync. The picture lags behind the sound by a fraction of a second. It's not a lot, but enough to notice.

Does anybody have experience of this, or know a way to sync the picture and sound?

Thanks

Jeff

3 REPLIES 3
jpseekings
Visitor

Yes I have the same problem. Sound from tv out of sync but tv sound in sync so If tv sound on at same time I get the echo. Also dvd/surround sound to tv gives picture but no tv sound, but also out of sync.

I await some helpful sole.

jeffdunn
New

Hi,

You need to adjust the delay settings on your DVD/AV amp.

I have a BDP-S370 player and an ONKYO TX-NR709 AV receiver and after some experimentation the out of sync was considrably reduced. I think my player delay is about 200 milliseconds.

However, you will not be able to completely sync the picture and audio as it seems to depend on the complexity and movement in the picture. Don't forget that the dvd/blue-ray player audio is going direct to your AV amp and the picture data is going to the TV - the TV seems much slower in processing the data than the AV amp.

Good luck

Bravia55HX

Hi,

yes this does happen a few times playing dvd and i found a quick way round and that is to "stab" the video search button backwards just briefly is enough to put it right