Join now - be part of our community!

Network specification of KDL-22EX320

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sanjayj
Visitor

Network specification of KDL-22EX320

Can someone please help me with my query? I am interested in buying this TV but I can not find the network port specification (Wired and Wireless). I want to know is the wired port 100Mb/s or 1Gb/s? Is the wireless port 802.11g or 802.11n? I phoned up Sony support for this information and according to the support engineer, it is dependent on my broadband connection speed. Unbelievable!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

100M/bs which is fine as its only used for streaming and no video uses more that this.. The inbuilt wireless  is 802.11n

Thanks

Message was edited by: Catmambo

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sanjayj
Visitor

Thanks for the response. But, why an optional dongle? This TV is supposed to have a built in wireless port. I want to know the spec of that port.

Catmambo
Contributor

100M/bs which is fine as its only used for streaming and no video uses more that this.. The inbuilt wireless  is 802.11n

Thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

oops  - you are right.. amended..

sanjayj
Visitor

Thanks for the information. It is amazing no one seems to know and Sony don't advertise it. I went into the Sony Shop this morning and salesman did not even know it had wireless built in.

sanjayj
Visitor

Sorry, one other question. Do you know if it is backward compatible? My router is Netgear DG834G, which does not support 802.11N but can do a/b/g. This TV refuses to connect to my router through wireless. I am using WPA2 and have tried AES and TKIP. I even switched it to WPA with TKIP and still no connection. Any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Bravia55HX

Hi sanjayj,

you must have upset something somewhere as the set up is a doddle, its usually Menu, network, wired or wireless set up then enter your network key (twice) job done!, it would seem you have upset something somewhere perhaps you should try a factory re-set and set it up again, its quite easy to do so.

sanjayj
Visitor

I have figured out what the problem was. Though I am a little surprised this slipped past Sony's testing.  My router is setup with the maximum security it supports. I have SSID set to no broadcast and I have MAC filtering setup. My router was configued to allow this MAC address through. Initially, I had thought it may be the signal strength as my router is downstairs at one end of the room and the TV is upstairs in the opposite end. I tried moving my router right next to the TV and tried again. Still, no connection. Then I disabled all security features on the router and tried to enable one by one. It turns out the TV does not like SSID being hidden. My router security is back to the original settings other than SSID, which is set to broadcast and the TV can now connect to the router.

Has anyone else managed to connect with SSID hidden?