Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with SMP-N100 affecting recording?

profile.country.GB.title
nasshafi
Explorer

Problem with SMP-N100 affecting recording?

I have a RDR-HXD1070 connected to a KDL-40X3500 which works fine no problem. However I recently connected a SMP-N100 to the KDL-40X3500 and now sometimes the RDR-HXD1070 fails to timer record.

Both devices are connected via HDMI cable to the KDL-40X3500.

If I am using the SMP-N100 and there is a timer recording due on the RDR-HXD1070 the device shows timer standby and then when the time arrives to start recording it just says timer cancelled and turns off.

If I am not using the SMP-N100 the RDR-HXD1070 records no problem.

So is the SMP-N100 affecting the RDR-HXD1070 or is it just coincidence?

Also both devices have been updated to the latest firmware available.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Gut instinct is that its coindidental as the two don't have any need to interact as far as I'm aware. But if you've left it off for a couple of weeks with no problem and then connect it and it keeps happening constantly, then somethings not right, but very strange...

Maybe try software/factory resetting all the devices including the TV as thats the constant here..

profile.country.GB.title
nasshafi
Explorer

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried what you said regarding resetting all devices but to no avail.

I will however say that the SMP-N100 is connected to the Internet wirelessly and when using say the iPlayer and there is a timer recording coming up the RDR-HXD1070 won't record.

Now if I'm using the SMP-N100 with an USB stick plugged in and playing a movie off that and there is a timer recording coming up the RDR-HXD1070 records!

So what's going on????

It would appear the wireless signals are affecting the RDR-HXD1070 or is that just coincidence???