Join now - be part of our community!

Problems trying to conntect KDL40EX724 to the internet

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
olearyj
Visitor

Problems trying to conntect KDL40EX724 to the internet

I'm wondering whether anyone can help me.  Recently brought a KDL40EX724 and I'm trying to connect it to a wireless broadband (with UPC, router CISCO).

It is advising:

Wireless connection     Found

Local Access               Failed

Internet Access            Failed

When I refresh the connection I am getting an error message 1106.

Would be grateful for any advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
sanjayj
Visitor

Sony released a new firmware on 4th August which fixed the issue on KDL-22EX320.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Catmambo
Contributor

Have you tried connecting it via a wired connection jus to get it up and running and also to update the firmware? Might be worth doing?

Thanks

profile.country.fi_FI.title
ThriiDii
Visitor

Help needed here too .. same problem, even though I cannot get eny error message.

When I configure the ip address automatically WLAN sets some ip address which is not anything related to any wireless network (169.xxx.xxx.xxx) and that cannot be changed.

My own hidden wireless AP is not found even with correct SSID and ciphering settings. TV anyway WLAN sees the neigbour APs. I tried to connect one neigbour's open AP but TV WLAN cannot even make that.

---

Problem solved for now! I unhided my Wireless router (SSID) from router settings.

profile.country.fi_FI.title
ThriiDii
Visitor

Help needed here too .. same problem, even though I cannot get eny error message.

When I configure the ip address automatically WLAN sets some ip address which is not anything related to any wireless network (169.xxx.xxx.xxx) and that cannot be changed.

My own hidden wireless AP is not found even with correct SSID and ciphering settings. TV anyway WLAN sees the neigbour APs. I tried to connect one neigbour's open AP but TV WLAN cannot even make that.

Message was edited by: ThriiDii

Message was edited by: ThriiDii

sanjayj
Visitor

Seems to be a common problem. I have exactly the same issue with KDL22EX320. With the SSID hidden, the TV does not connect to the router. Start broadcasting the SSID, it is up and connected within a couple of seconds. Sony needs to fix this asap.

sanjayj
Visitor

Sony released a new firmware on 4th August which fixed the issue on KDL-22EX320.