Join now - be part of our community!

Side by Side viewing

profile.country.en_GB.title
TBURNHAM
Visitor

Side by Side viewing

I purchased a "Bravia 46HX803" + Blue-Ray "BDV-370" with the 3D bar + glasses.

Set up went fine including updating the firmwere on the blue-ray via the internet.

I played my first 3D film with no problems but the second film I get "Side by Side" format, as both controls work each other I can not access the 3D settings on the TV to change the viewing format when the Blue-Ray is turned on (all I get is a list form the player e,g play,next chaptor,etc") and it defaults back if I try to change the settings before I turn the player on.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

TBURNHAM,

hi and welcome to the forums,

my tv has gone back for exchange so cannot check what you are looking for, but, leave the blu ray player off and go into menu for the tv i seem to recall those settings for 3D in there somewhere, i have only used 3D a couple of times so far but know you can find it in the settings,

good luck

Catmambo
Contributor

This should help.. Its for Sky/Virgin but the principle is the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gMIr5sDHWs&feature=related

Bravia55HX

Catmambo,

i think you will find that  he/she is trying to get the side by side off !!

Catmambo
Contributor

Sure, but the video still walks through the 3D menu options as well and shows you how to access any particualr flavour of 3D format.

TBURNHAM
Visitor

Thanks for all the replies.

Since my first post i have contacted sony and they have tested the two together and agreed they are not compatable with each other on side by side viewing (or over and under) , please note this Blue-Ray play will work fine with any other Sony TV's, for the inconvience I have now got a Bravia LX724 which is out of this world.

Thanks Again.