Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia one touch style cover

jinkoda
Visitor

Sony Xperia one touch style cover

What is the point of the EYE hole on front cover it doesn't line up with the front facing camera???? Very odd for a case that's very expensive

6 REPLIES 6
Lutkis
Visitor

Well that's embarrassing.. Thinking_Face

I never noticed that and I was about to buy those. I think I'll think my options a bit more.

Edit: Looks like it was a problem with XZ3 too.

xenite5
New

That hole is for sensor (light/smart gestures) not camera. If you look carefully you can see that there is a slight dark hole under the glass which is sensor to set brightness etc

The cover initially designed to protect camera. 

Lutkis
Visitor

I don't get the need to protect the front camera when the rear camera hasn't got any protection at all.

Why couldn't they just make it like XZ cover. That looks dumb, I know, but it would've been more subtle with X1 and therefore nice looking.

2019-06-07_15-41-45.jpg

jinkoda
Visitor

AHH ok didn't realize that can't see the sensor tho) 

xenite5
New

@Lutkis wrote:

I don't get the need to protect the front camera when the rear camera hasn't got any protection at all.

Why couldn't they just make it like XZ cover. That looks dumb, I know, but it would've been more subtle with X1 and therefore nice looking.

2019-06-07_15-41-45.jpg

I know i felt the same way too. And it is a struggle to take selfies and also manage the front cover of the case. And it is a touch case but i cant touch to take a selfie as I have to flip the cover.

I think they thought the hole would be huge with camera and sensor. Dont know. Sony does things that noone understands most of the time Slightly_smiling_Face

Lukalumen
Contributor

I got one for the XZ3 and I had to return it. It's the worst case design ever and the most expensive...

I really wanted to like it, bit nothing about it makes any sense. Front flap is see through, but unusable. When you flip it around the back to use it, the plastic stays bended, so you can't close it anymore...