Join now - be part of our community!

A6300 Recovering data / Writing to memory Card not completed.

SOLVED
B41813
New

A6300 Recovering data / Writing to memory Card not completed.

Hi

I just bought a A6300 with a 16/70 lens. Works super - without the memory card... but since the memory card is important, how can i then solve the same problem wich is coming back everytime I´m trying to take a photo?

Step 1: I take the photo - then Im told "Recovering Data" - "Please wait..."

Step 2: The camera is behaving like it restarts, due to the SD card problem.

Step 3: I´ll then get the message: "Writing to the memory card was not completed correctly" "Recover data?"

I can not do anything else, than press "Enter" And then I´m getting a message about executing and that will damage data, wich I ofcourse have to accept, otherwise I wont get out of "the circle of cancel or execute"

The camera is working super, as I said, without the card.

The card is a SD XC 128 GB Deolux.

The question is asked here, since I saw that other people have had the same problem - with other cards, the most of them having no succes by changing card/format it.

And i tryed format it - wont let me, neither from a computer.

Can anyone help me here?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english

Best Regards

Anders

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
B41813
New

Follow up to my issue above.

I went to a store to try my memory card in a similar camera. The same problem showed up.

The short solution was then to buy a new card - this from SanDisk, since they didn´t have Sony SD Card..

The result was a functional camera 🙂

So, to others (what I didn´t know) Buy SD Card which are able to write in a proper speed.

(Ofcourse it wasn´t Sony) 🙂

Best regards

Anders

Happy camper

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
B41813
New

Follow up to my issue above.

I went to a store to try my memory card in a similar camera. The same problem showed up.

The short solution was then to buy a new card - this from SanDisk, since they didn´t have Sony SD Card..

The result was a functional camera 🙂

So, to others (what I didn´t know) Buy SD Card which are able to write in a proper speed.

(Ofcourse it wasn´t Sony) 🙂

Best regards

Anders

Happy camper

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@B41813 Hi and welcome to the Community :drink:

Thanks for posting your solution to the pronlem, it may well help somebody else :slight_smile:

I have also had a problem with a Sony SD card that will only let you view images if it is in a camera, but when inserted direct into the pc it doesn't exist 😞