Join now - be part of our community!

A77/65 firmware 2.0 ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
mikeyp2000

A77/65 firmware 2.0 ideas?

I dont know if Sony is planning another big firmware upgrade for the a77 or a65.  I started a thread in the Flickr Sony camera club forum to gather ideas that may or may not have occurred to Sony engineers but haven't had much feedback from the Sony moderators there.  Perhaps they read them, perhaps not.

Anyway, here is a link to the thread.   Would anyone else like to chime in to show support for any of these ideas?

http://www.flickr.com/groups/sonycameraclub/discuss/72157627914383066/

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi mikeyp :slight_smile:

You raise some interesting points in that thread and I'd suggest you post them to this 'sticky' on our forum:

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/672003#672003

It was launched to gather feedback from DSLT users and I reckon it would be better for your input. I can't guarantee you 'll get everything you ask for but there's certainly no harm in trying!

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
mikeyp2000

Thanks, I've done that.

If you need more ideas, Sony Alpha Rumors has started a thread asking for ideas, hoping to get enough ideas to run a poll of users on there 'most wanted' updates.

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/your-suggestions-for-the-future-a77a65-firmware-upgrades/

Previous polls have had thousands of respondants so if Sony wants a clear idea of what the enthusiast camera community is looking for, this might be a reliable source of information (and free market research for sony!!!)

Alpha users seem to be quite dedicated and really want the a77/a65 to do well - hopefully a new firmware can make this great camera into an outstanding one!

profile.country.IE.title
ncollins
New
profile.country.fr_FR.title
odonix
Visitor

Yes ! Manual Audio PLEASE !!!

The a77 is such a great HDSLR, and could compete with Canon's 5D for filmmaking, if only it had the Manual Audio function ! Which means, Ability to Disable AGC (Automatic Gain Control), and input levels !

Please, please ..!!

Thank you for your concern in loyal costumers !!!

splashgripclick
Visitor

I completely agree with odonix, the A77 is an incredible camera, I love using it for filming but just wish it had manual audio controls! Fingers crossed they change this with a later firmware update as this will make my entire workflow so much smoother

silawre
New

Can they do something to improve the ISO noise from 3200 above please?

Si

profile.country.ro_RO.title
staicuma
New

Indeed, 3200 ISO is almost badly as A700… and more than 6400 doesn’t make sense… only perhaps with a new update. Anyway my concern is regarding Purple fringing. Even if I use a Minolta or a Sony lens the pink is present in corners even with CA activated and with high (F>=8). The same lenses on A700 performed very well. Hope the next update will solve this problem…

Update:

I don’t understand why they do not support all the other medium Sony glasses and old Minolta instead the costly CZ that are already very good….

Message was edited by: staicuma