Join now - be part of our community!

hello I can't use the focus magnifier in video shooting modwe with my a7 hello I can't use the focus magnifier in video shooting modwe with my a77

profile.country.el_GR.title
christoforos
Visitor

hello I can't use the focus magnifier in video shooting modwe with my a7 hello I can't use the focus magnifier in video shooting modwe with my a77

Hello i own a a77 dslr and I'm trying to use the focus magnifier in video mode and it doesn't work

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello christoforos - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

When you are shooting video on your A77, are you setting the camera in Auto Focus mode or Manual Focus mode. This may affect the range of options that are available to you.

Please let me know if you still cannot access the Focus Magnifier.

Thanks,

Simon

christoforos
Visitor

hello simon,i tried everything i use manual focus in S,A,M, mode and auto focus in P . In the menu i choose to put AF/MF button to focus magnifier  but and it does'nt work in video mode. it works only for stills.

thanks , christoforos

Mick2011
New

Hi Christofos :slight_smile:

Have you tried switching the lens to MF? Movie Mode means Program focussing, but if you switch the lens to manual you should be able to select the Magnifier.

Cheers

Mick

christoforos
Visitor

hi again my lens is set to MF , i also tried to assign the focus magnifier to the others buttons and it's still doesn't

work. I asked sony support here in greece, the first guy admit that it's not clear in the manual and to try to push longer the button but it's not working. A second guy after reading the manual told that if it's not mentioned in the manual the camera can't do it. so i can't have full control of the focus as with a D5?

Mick2011
New

Hi christoforos

Focussing while recording in Movie mode is rather more restricted than other shooting modes. The a77's movie mode has been designed around its ability to continuously autofocus while recording, something DSLRs have generally struggled with.

Manual focussing will probably be restricted to either pre-focussing with the magnifier or using the peaking indicators. I can't see a way of enabling the magnifier while actually filming.

Cheers

Mick