Join now - be part of our community!

ILCE-7RM5 will not pair with Creator's App

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
k0065126
Explorer

ILCE-7RM5 will not pair with Creator's App

I am completely unable to pair the Creator's App, version 2.3.2, on my OnePlus 8 Pro to the Alpha 7R5, even when the phone is next to the camera.

The version of Imaging Edge Mobile on my phone is 7.8.2, which I think is the latest. I do not want to uninstall it at I use it to control my Alpha 1 and I did try once to update the software on this camera to the latest version, but it failed.

I have tried uninstalling the app and downloading it again, even though I had the latest version installed.

I have also updated the firmware on the camera to the latest version, 2.02, but that made no difference either.

The Do Not Disturb on my phone is set to Off.

When I start the process the phone shows that pairing is in progress but never completes, even after 15 minutes.

If the camera and phone are paired using Bluetooth this prevents pairing with the app so I have deleted the phone from the camera's list of paired devices.

In my phone I have deleted the camera from the list of paired Bluetooth devices, turned Bluetooth off and then on again, checked that the ILCE-7RM5 is shown in the list of devices to connect to and then restarted the phone.

I have no idea what else I might need to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
k0065126
Explorer

I tried Sony support and had the following suggestions :-

In attempt to rectify the issue, kindly find the troubleshooting steps below:
- Kindly note that you need to try the app on a different phone if possible.
- Take out the batteries for 1 minute and then reinsert them into the camera.
- Initialize the camera settings using the link below:
https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2230/v1/en/contents/TP0002887837.html?search=reset

As my phone had a system software update and I also tried the trick of removing the battery for one minute I do not know which of these made the difference, or perhaps it was a combination of the two, but whatever the reason I am happy to report that I am now able to use the Creator's app to control my camera.

I hope this helps if anyone else has this problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
k0065126
Explorer

I tried Sony support and had the following suggestions :-

In attempt to rectify the issue, kindly find the troubleshooting steps below:
- Kindly note that you need to try the app on a different phone if possible.
- Take out the batteries for 1 minute and then reinsert them into the camera.
- Initialize the camera settings using the link below:
https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2230/v1/en/contents/TP0002887837.html?search=reset

As my phone had a system software update and I also tried the trick of removing the battery for one minute I do not know which of these made the difference, or perhaps it was a combination of the two, but whatever the reason I am happy to report that I am now able to use the Creator's app to control my camera.

I hope this helps if anyone else has this problem.